Tuesday, November 30, 2004

GOING TO WAR AT THE MOVIES

Here are five movies popularly released and widely available that might get people across a wide range of opinion and experience (though not of course the unpersuadable "true believers") thinking about the implications and consequences of war:

1. The Thin Red Line
2. The Deer Hunter
3. Salvador
4. The Killing Fields
5. Three Kings

I started thinking about this after mentioning "Taxi Driver" in my last post. "The Killing Fields" in particular made a big impression on me when I was about 16 -- and I guess I'm thinking about movies that might reach someone while they're still a political work in progress as much as I am about convincing people already pretty set in their ways.

Any others? Add 'em to the "Comments"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home